The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 12th, 2018, 08:36

For as long as residues of difficult behaviour patterns remain in our own subconscious, they will manifest themselves time and again in the conduct of those around us. And it may take a long time until we finally realise that the world around us is like a mirror, which the Universe constantly holds in front of everybody’s eyes. And even if we are unable to recognise the challenging aspects of someone else’s personality in our own hidden selves, we can rely on it that they are there. If they were not, there would be no need for drawing this kind of experience towards us. What’s more, unless the issues involved are bravely and honestly tackled in this lifetime, we shall continue to take them with us into all subsequent ones until that particular negative aspect has finally been changed into a positive one. To get rid of all unfavourable character traits for good, they first have to be accepted by us. This moves them into our conscious awareness, from where they can then be released.

Until this has happened they will continue to bother us and the mirror will be held to our face through the actions of those around us. This is by no means intended to be some kind of punishment. It is the Universe’s way of trying to provide all human souls on the Earth plane with as many opportunities as possible for cleansing their consciousness of every trace of their lower earthly nature. When the characteristics that once used to disturb us deeply in others have been released from our own consciousness, they no longer unduly upset or hurt when we find them in the mannerisms of others. We can then shrug our shoulders and accept them as part of life’s rich pattern and someone else’s learning experience, which fortunately no longer is ours. Smilingly, though not smugly I hope, we shall watch them and say to ourselves: ‘Ah yes! Thanks be to God and the Angels that it’s their task now to work on this, their lesson and responsibility, not mine.’

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/

Last edited by Aquarius : February 13th, 2018 at 09:47.
Old February 13th, 2018, 09:48

The members of our family are as much part of our Karma as we are of theirs and the problems we created for ourselves and each other in previous lifetimes are the lessons that have to be tackled in this one, by them and us, individually and together. Like powerful emotional magnets Karmic ties draw human souls into each other’s orbit, time and again. There will be no parting of the ways until all involved have learnt their lessons and solutions have been found for every one of the outstanding issues. They are likely to have kept us welded together like cast-iron chains over many lifetimes.

The only way of breaking these shackles – or rather dissolving them – is through finding compassion, love and forgiveness first for ourselves and our own suffering, and then also for those who trespassed against us. These things grow quite naturally when one finally grasps the truth about the spiritual background of life, and why the Karmic reasons for every one of the afflictions that have ever befallen us, in this lifetime and all others, for wise educational reasons had to remain hidden there for such a long time. This healing process alone can finally bring the otherwise endless repetition of the Karmic cycles to its natural conclusion. It was our Karmic debts that kept us firmly fastened to the wheel of Earth life, where one lifetime after another we found ourselves either at the giving or the receiving end of any one of the life lessons that have to be undertaken by all human spirits and their souls.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : February 14th, 2018 at 08:45.
Old February 14th, 2018, 08:46

What a lot of pious talk there is on the Earth plane about the need for leaving our world in a fit state for our children and children’s children, but as always there is a great deal more to this issue than meets the eye. I agree that it is the highest time that we all get our act together and do our share of taking better care of our beautiful planet. After all, the main purpose of our earthly existence is that, hand in hand with God and the Angels, when the time for doing so has come, we should learn how to make our world into a better and more peaceful place, not just for humankind but for all its lifeforms. The way I perceive the matter is that this is just as necessary for us ourselves as it is for those who come through us, our children, and everybody else who will ever walk behind us.

Let me explain. As you know by now, I do not share the view that life is a one-off thing. I do believe – nay, more than that, I know – that each one of us has been before, not just once or twice but a great many times. Each one of us is placed in earthly life to grow and evolve, in the course of many lifetimes, from spiritual infancy, toddlerhood and adolescence into adulthood. Until our earthly development is complete and we have reached this goal, we reappear however many lifetimes this may take for each individual spirit and soul. Each reincarnation into Earth life brings fresh opportunities for paying some of the debts we incurred in previous lifetimes, as well as creating new ones. In some of our lifetimes we reincarnate as a woman and on other occasions as a man. As we move along, we make many mistakes. This too is good and right, as all the while we are learning something from our experiences, our consciousness expands and we grow a little bit more in wisdom and understanding.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old February 16th, 2018, 08:05

We live in extraordinary times of Mother Earth’s transformation and the homecoming of our race into the conscious awareness of God’s true nature and our own. And so it is not surprising that many are feeling an urge for finding and reconnecting with their roots. For a long time we keep on reincarnating through the same family groups. But eventually we reach the point when we have become sufficiently evolved for the superconscious faculties of our nature begin to unfold and our inner and outer horizons start to broaden. And so, with the help of the wise ones in charge of us, we decide to be born into other cultures and civilisations, to become familiar with their customs, outlook on life and religious/spiritual aspirations.

For these souls it would be futile to search for their origins on the outer level of life. They know that everybody’s true roots belong to the inner dimensions and therefore can only be found through journeying inwards. In this way we reconnect with our Highest or God Self, and through this becoming aware of our oneness with God and all life.

In contrast to them, young and inexperienced souls during their early lifetimes on the Earth plane are likely to misinterpret any of the promptings they receive from their inner being. They cannot help themselves because so far their earthly self has not yet discovered that there is such a thing as a spirit and a soul as well as an inner home, and that they too have these things. This is why one finds people in many countries of our world who are busily digging in the archives of earthly life for their roots. More highly evolved souls smile at their efforts. They can see no point in the ordinary type of genealogical research, because they are already consciously walking the highway that takes all of us together up the spiritual mountain and eventually – each one on their own – home into the final reunion with God.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old February 17th, 2018, 09:35

Now that you are aware that you have been your own ancestor, I would like to challenge you to take a good look at your family tree. When you consider the ancestral line-up in front of you, bear in mind that in some of your lifetimes you yourself could either have been an eminent person or a particularly ill-fated and unfortunate one. Should you be in danger of shedding crocodile tears and feeling your heart melting with compassion for those through whose line you reincarnated, and before your ego swells with pride for having come through such an illustrious family, think of the part you must have played in its saga.

It is necessary to find forgiveness and feel compassion for ourselves and the many ordeals each one of us has to work their way through on their way to becoming the one we are today. To provide humankind with a well balanced educational program, it is for wise higher purposes that all human souls occasionally require lifetimes on the Earth plane when wretchedly difficult and traumatic situations have to be coped with. But we can trust the Universe’s wisdom and love that it will see to it that such times are balanced by successful, prosperous and happy ones.

Understanding this, each one of us, without exception, has every reason to rejoice and be thankful for all our own experiences and everybody else’s. The time has come for making our peace and praising the Highest for the gift of life, for guiding and protecting us and keeping us safe by day and by night, and the many things it is constantly providing for each one of us. And that undoubtedly will continue forever.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : February 18th, 2018 at 09:39.
Old February 18th, 2018, 09:40

It has been said that because two people argue does not mean they do not love each other and that because some folks refuse to argue is a sign that they do. I find it childish to fall out with each other because of a difference of opinion. When a situation has been duly considered from all angles, in all our relationships it is all right to come to the conclusion that it is better to agree to disagree than falling out. Wise ones bear in mind that whenever disputes arise, two persons can be confronted with exactly the same things and perceive them in a totally different way.

Depending on one’s point of view, all participants in any argument can be right and wrong, at the same time. That’s the way it has to be for human beings, because of the different lessons we all have to participate in on the Earth plane. With a bit of goodwill any dispute can be settled peacefully, simply by accepting each others views, even though they differ. The level of someone’s spiritual maturity reveals itself in nothing more clearly than in the ability and willingness – or otherwise – to agree to disagree with others in times of conflict.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old February 19th, 2018, 11:06

‘The Buddha said: ‘Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it, or because it is spoken and rumoured by many, or because it is found written in your religious books, or because it emanates from your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. When you find after observation and analysis that anything agrees with your reasoning and is conducive to the good and benefit of all, accept it and conduct your life by it.’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old February 20th, 2018, 07:26

‘Kindness in words creates confidence. In thinking it creates profoundness and in giving it creates love.’ Lao Tzu

‘Words have the power to destroy and heal, and words that are true and kind can make our world a better place.’ The Buddha

On our pathway through life learning to watch the words we speak and thereby taking charge of our tongues is as vital an issue as any other. That is undoubtedly the reason why as early as the Bible’s Old Testament warned in Proverbs 18:21: ‘Death and life are in the power of the tongue; and those who love it shall eat the fruits thereof.’ In ‘Spiritual Unfoldment 2’ White Eagle adds to this: ‘Keep control of your tongue, so that it says no unkind and hurtful thing. Bear in mind the feelings of those to whom you speak and do so gently and thoughtfully, without anger and haste. When you do this, my dear children of the Earth, difficulties fall away, sorrow recedes into the background and you cannot help but become aware of the gentle presence of the Master within you.

‘We ask you to render a service to yourself and that is holding your tongue. It is one of the hardest tasks that can be asked of you. You ought to see the mists that surround you and your world that is caused by idle chatter. When there is so much of it on the Earth, even the Angels can to nothing but bow their heads, because in that case they are unable to minister to you. Whenever you are tempted to say: ‘I think or believe so and so. I like this person, but I don’t like that one,’ instead of speaking, be silent and wait and see. If you can also restrain yourself from expressing any foolish opinions about the affairs and the state of your world you will greatly assist the Angels in their work.’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old February 21st, 2018, 09:06

‘Live every moment for sending from your loving heart the light of the Christ Star, the Highest Star and the brightest light in the whole of Creation, My light. Continue to do this until your whole being is filled with this light, so that you gradually evolve into a light that is, like Me, capable of constantly sharing its love and warmth with all lifeforms, not only in your world but all others. Endeavour to think kind and loving thoughts only and never forget your sense of humour. Nothing lightens your vibrations more quickly and easily than the ability to see the funny side of things, to laugh about them and have fun. Above all, walk in faith and trust, My beloved children, hand in hand with the Angels and Me. Best foot forward, keep on saying to yourself:

From this heart nothing but love.
From these hands nothing but healing.
From this mouth nothing but kindness.
From this mind nothing but peace.

From ‘States Of Heightened Awareness And Illumination’

‘The Universal Christ Now Speaks To Us And Our World’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old February 22nd, 2018, 08:35

For as long as someone believes that every word of the Bible is true and should be taken literally, including the Jesus story, that person could be constantly in danger of thinking: ‘I can do as I like and sin as much as I want to. The priest will forgive me and then I can keep on sinning. And even if at the end of our session s/he says: ‘Go forth and sin no more!’ I shall think: ‘What of it? I know from previous occasions that nobody knows and that nothing happens to me, so let’s do it again and again ad infinitum.’ That has been the way of the past and reflecting on where it has got us and world, one can only come to the obvious conclusion that this never has been the right way of going about things.

What a world of difference it makes when we become aware that Jesus is a symbolism of our higher nature and that God is part of us, and we are part of God. Therefore, God witnesses and knows everything about us, in the minutest details. Our whole perception of life changes when we find out that in truth we are responsible for every one of our thoughts, words and actions, always have been and forever will be. As soon as we get a better grasp of the Universal laws, God’s laws, we realise that no priest ever had the power of forgiving anything and that their kind of forgiveness could not wipe away one iota of anyone’s Karmic debts.

No matter what any religious institution may to this day try to make us believe, we ourselves are the only ones who can pay for them and make good where we once sinned. There have been many ancient prophecies that one day someone would appear in our world to save and redeem us, individually and collectively. As we are now finding out with ever more clarity, none other than we ourselves can and have to play this role. And because on the inner level of life we are all one, as soon as one of us saves and redeems themselves, our whole world follows suit and moves one more small step forwards on the evolutionary spiral of life.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files