The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Pet loss > Coping with the loss of a pet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 17th, 2012, 06:14

Default Buddy boo

Hey everyone im new here. i thought i would say hi and tell you my story.
I am at a loss at the moment i have not long had my lab cross put to sleep, he had a mass in his spleen that had ruptured. i wish people would stop saying well he was old he had a good life. he was NOT old in my eyes he was 11 years young, he ran like a pup he acted like a pup he was a baby my baby. i cant bear to rewrite what i have as my tears have not started yet today so i will link what i have written.

http://kitten1981-naturaltosubmit.bl...today-and.html

http://kitten1981-naturaltosubmit.bl...go-away-2.html

http://kitten1981-naturaltosubmit.bl...-few-days.html

I hope i have not broken any "rules" by posting links.

I better go get dressed and walk my only companion. a few hours late but seems a hard thing to walk him now.
Old September 17th, 2012, 14:05

hi kittenkins i am so sorry you have had to have your beloved dog put to sleep i think it makes it worse when you have to make such a heartbreaking desition and out of love we are forced to make this choice so they suffer no more as a dog lover i know how much we love them and it breaks our hearts when we lose them i lost my lab henry exactly a year ago and i will always miss him i am thankful he came to me and i gave him a loving happy home just like you did with yours as there are so many dreadful stories we read about with animal cruelty all our dogs ever had in their all too short life was love
give your dog that you now have on his own extra cuddles as dogs grieve as well and will need all the love you can give him
love hazelxx
Old September 17th, 2012, 19:20

Thanks Hazel, we didnt know he was ill, he had gone off his food but for Bud that wasnt anything new he went on and off food all the time, it was when he collapsed on a walk (even ill he demanded to come out) and i had to carry all 28 kilos home (im only a little 5ft.2) but being your baby you do what you have to do. each day is getting easier but the pain is still raw, as i said i cant rewrite what i have but if you would like to see a pic of him or know anymore its in my link. xx kittenkins
Old September 17th, 2012, 20:27

hi kittenkins, I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved pet, I know exactly what you are going through, I lost my golden retriever (female) on 4th sept, 2 weeks ago today, She was 13 yrs..She came into my life at a bad time, I believe she and I were mean't to be, she was so adorable and loved so very much, I am still devastated she is not around, and the house is so quiet, she would always be watching to see what I was up to, we were very much in sync and she hated to see me upset or distraught.. I was lucky I got to share so much of my life with her, and she had me pretty much 24/7 for all of hers.. "Remember you are not alone" if you ever want to talk... (I recently found a poem called "Rainbow Bridge") (I can forward it if you haven't seen it) and it is so lovely, It gives me comfort and I truly believe she will be waiting for me at Rainbow Bridge" when It is my time.. *sending hugs and remembering you in my thoughts* michelle x
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:23

hello michelle, just reading posts today and found yours. sorry love for your loss pets are very precious and they give us much more than we could ever give to them don't they. i don't usualy reply to pet posts although i do love and have lovedall my pets, i have all my cats ashes and when i go i want their ashes to be placed with my hubby and me. i know that some think thats daft, well maybe it is but maybe they just didn't or don't love their pets like us.

i also wanted to share something i found recently on you tube, a man had a NDA and he saw a place that he called Paradise Park in Heaven, he said that all our pets go there to wait for us, i believe this because animals have suffered so much in this world because of us, why then shouldn't they have a happy and trouble free eternity, why not, hey? i just wanted to say hello and share this with you and anyone else who hasa broken heart at the loss of their much loved pet and companion. a prayer for all pets and animals. Lord thank yoy for them, please keepour loved pets safe in this world and the one to come., please comfort all who have lost their precious companion. amen. xxxx chrissie.
Old September 18th, 2012, 17:24

hi kittenkins i have already been on your link and read all you said and it was very moving and i saw all the pictures he was a very muched loved part of your family thank you for sharing his life with us love hazelxx
Old September 18th, 2012, 18:32

thanks girls, yes he was too loved in my families eyes, as they said he was a big baby and had been spoilt too much (he would cry if he couldnt even get in the toilet) he was a handsome boy, who knows he may even be with your little girl as he loved golden retrievers and labradors. i have read rainbow bridge and it made me bawl my eyes out like a baby, at the moment i am at the stage where its easier to not look at pictures of him or dwell too much, then my life has a sirt of sense of normality. i wish i could go visit rainbow bridge but then i know i would find too many that i loved and lost and would never want to leave them again life can be so cruel, but its better to love and lost then never love at all.

I would willingly suffer this pain again and again however much it killed me if i could have him back even for a week.

thankyou for saying you are there if i need to talk the same applies to you. seems both our greif is still so raw. and im sure there are many a story you could tell me about your little girl as i could about my little boy.

Hugs kitten <3
Old September 18th, 2012, 21:00

hi Chrissie, and "Thankyou!", for replying to my post, and too for sharing that amazing, but not forgetting traumatic event for this gentleman, (NDA) we have to hold on to our beliefs and have faith, i'm sure i will see my *sandie* my girl again, we had such a bond, and i know she'd never choose to leave me.. i nearly lost her 2 years ago and she so bravely fought to stay, she was such a trooper, i knew from that time everyday was a blessing, but nothing prepares you for when that day comes, and finding the strength from somewhere to cope and to live with the loss... again thankyou for saying hello, and taking the time to write,... really means alot x sending hugs and best wishes to you x michelle xxx
Old September 18th, 2012, 21:17

hi Kitten,... i did go to your link and i know how much you must be hurting, from your words and posts, and such lovely pictures, i know you too adored and loved your *pup* can i just say: we perhaps have similarities from what i read, so yes and thanks would be good to perhaps chat sometime, only if and when is right for you too,...we will all react differently, you say you find it difficult to look at pictures at the moment and that's natural, i find i am the opposite right now, i am constantly looking them over and it breaks my heart.. just remember how much your pet loved and adored you back and would be doing anything to make you happy, thats why it's important but i do know at the same time how difficult it is, to take care of you!!! am just taking it a day at a time... it's sad, a light has gone out of my life xXx just remember you are not alone, sending hugs and strength to you kitten x michelle xxx
Old September 19th, 2012, 05:03

Good morning michelle,
I have many friends around here (mainly that i know in passing for the last ten years) that have dogs and one such friend has a collie called marley 2yo. i went around there the other day to take some spare toys around (i always had 3 of everything one each and a spare) she thanked me and i offered to take her marley out, i am so used to having a dog in each hand and felt like a octopus without two leads. I think it also done jasp some good to have some company. By all means marley is not a replacement for bud but if jasp can start to see him as a companion on walks then my job has partially done.

I still have pictures of bud about and i am making some keyrings of him for close members of family, i am just avoiding moping about him, i feel i need to move on in emotions and i am slowly getting there but as you said we are all different and by all means one persons way of greaving it not the same as another persons. So by all means if you feel you can cope with talking about your little girl at all then i am ready to as well. i havent avoided talking about him and i felt i had to write a blog as my main fear was forgetting my baby.

take care and speak soon kitten xxx