The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 4th, 2018, 10:32

Wise parents see to it that their offspring, when venturing forth into life on their own, are equipped with the knowledge of the Cosmic laws and that because of them:

• Every right brings a duty in its wake.
• We are responsible for ourselves and every one of our thoughts words and actions.
• Every action causes a reaction.
• What we send out into life sooner or later without fail finds its way back to us.

Such parents are among the awakened ones who know that there is a great deal more to humankind and our world than is commonly known to the mass of people thus far. They are happy enough to let those who do not yet know any better get on with following any kind of herd and allowing themselves to be led like sheep by whatever authority sets itself up to rule over them. In due course these inexperienced souls will also become aware of their true nature and then join the ever growing throng of those who are opening their whole being to the higher and highest creative forces of the Universe and Its intelligence.

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/
Old October 5th, 2018, 09:48

Even though for a long time you were unaware of their presence, God and the Angels have always been with you, the same as everybody else. They are part of you and you are part of them. They could not leave you, even if they wanted to – not that they ever will. Because of this spiritually everything has to be for real and nothing can be merely faked or pretended. God and the Angels are the all-seeing eyes and all-hearing ears that swing into action when the time is right for the Universal laws to return to you the seeds that were sown by you, either earlier in your present lifetime or during previous ones. And that’s how in the fullness of time everybody receives their just desserts.

From a new part of my jottings in preparation about
‘Leaving Behind Addictions Through Awareness’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old October 6th, 2018, 08:55

‘God and the Angels are constantly guiding and protecting each one of you against destroying the essence of your being, your spirit and soul. They have brought you to where you are now and it is they who are showing you this. If you understand their message, reach out for them and ask for their assistance. Upon request they are ready to show any one of you how, with the help of your own Christ Self, you can redeem yourself and make good where previously you transgressed against those around you. They will never lead you astray, so trust them implicitly. Pay attention to what they may be telling you through your inner guidance, the wise one or living God within, about the next step on your journey of recovering from the darkness of being ignorant of God’s true nature and your own. This is sure to cure you of the nonsense of fearing God, so you can start loving Him/Her instead. Once you understand who and what God really is, nothing will ever stop you from doing so with every fibre of your being.’

From a new part of my jottings in preparation about
‘Leaving Behind Addictions Through Awareness’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : October 7th, 2018 at 09:07.
Old October 7th, 2018, 09:07

At the beginning of the Aquarian Age we are discovering a new type of religion that is no longer purely of the mind, but rises to the surface of our conscious awareness from the wise one or living God within who, for a long time merely in seed form, dwells in every human being’s heart. The best definition of the religions that to this day exist in our world that’s come my way to date was in a place where I would have least expected it, namely in Joanna Trollope’s novel ‘A Passionate Man’. Archie is the main character of this tale. His father has died and the local priest drops in and offers him and his wife to pray for the deceased. When Archie refuses, the priest points out: ‘But you are churchgoers. You are part of the Christian family.’ Archie’s patience is at an end and he bursts out: ‘I may be a religious man – I may have a deep religious sense – but I am not at all sure there is a God. Not our God, in any case . . .

‘Don’t you even know what religion means? Are you so hidebound by your colourless bureaucratic orthodoxy that religion only means to you this frightful modern Church with its doggerel hymns and playschool prayers? Religion is an awakened sense of some great controlling force, an awareness that above or beyond there is not just a freedom but a fulfilment. And this awareness of power and possibility makes us strive ever onwards, morally, emotionally, spiritually. What on Earth has such a concept to do with the dreary pen-pushing second-rate God you want to offer me?’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old October 8th, 2018, 09:14

God is hard to describe in mere earthly terms, but I will try. To me, God is something infinitely more sacred and holy, a power much greater, higher and more enlightened that is radiant with the true meaning of light, compassion and love than the teachings of the old religions of our world could ever convey. With their lack of understanding for the true purpose and meaning of Earth life and the esoteric background of their own teachings, all too frequently the Ancient Teachings, which messengers from the higher and highest levels of life from time to time brought to humankind, were misunderstood and misrepresented. Sometimes this happened – as it does in many places to this day – intentionally for the purpose of manipulating the masses into obedience and submission to satisfy the lust for power of those in charge. In many such distortions were necessary because that was all our race could comprehend at the time when a new part of God’s wisdom and truth was given to our world.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old October 9th, 2018, 15:52

The Lebanese/American mystic, poet and writer, Kahlil Gibran, 1883-1931, wrote in ‘Kahlil the Heretic’: ‘The true light is that which emanates from within humankind; it reveals the secrets of the heart to the soul, making it happy and contented with life. Truth is like the stars; it does not appear except from behind the obscurity of the night of the darkness of ignorance. Truth is like all beautiful things in the world; it does not disclose its desirability except to those who first feel and suffer at the hands of falsehood. Truth is a deep kindness that teaches us to be content in our everyday life and share with people the same kind of happiness and share it with the people so that they may find it, too. . . This is the truth I have learnt from the teachings of the Nazarene.’

To paraphrase the Greek philosopher Aristotle, 384-322 BC: ‘To say of what is, that it is – and of what is not, that it is not. That’s what speaking the truth means to me.’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old October 10th, 2018, 15:40

‘When we honestly ask ourselves which people in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, offering solutions or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.’

From Henri J.M. Nouwen
‘The Road to Daybreak – A Spiritual Journey’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old October 11th, 2018, 10:33

As we all know, seeing is believing and that is how the Universe in its infinite kindness and wisdom is constantly providing me with evidence that numerology and astrology work. My experience has shown that they function at their best when used together. To me numerology and Western traditional Astrology are twin subjects that cannot be separated from each other, as one explains the meaning of the other. More than anything else these two, used in tandem, are helping me to unravel the deepest mysteries of the Universe and the processes of Creation. Because of this I am gaining an ever better understanding of the forces of life that are constantly at work in the spiritual background of our earthly existence. Without these powers there would be no life anywhere, not merely on our planet.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old October 12th, 2018, 11:14

To my mind, nothing like astrology and numerology explains the highly complex concepts of the Divine and the processes of creation, especially those that were at work at the very beginning, in such easily understood terminology. Let me give you a few examples. In numerology the one represents the first impulse of Creation, the masculine God, the spiritual Sun behind the Sun in the sky above us, the power aspect of the Divine. Number 1 = the Sun, planetary ruler of Leo. The two is the second impulse, the feminine Goddess, its counterpart, whose symbol is the Moon. Number 2 = the Moon, planetary ruler of Cancer. These two aspects of the Divinity join forces in the three. 1 + 2 = 3. Number 3 = Jupiter, ruler of Sagittarius and co-ruler of Pisces, together with the dreamy and other-worldly Neptune. Both signs are symbolisms for the Divine realms responsible for the development of humankind’s superconscious faculties.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : October 13th, 2018 at 09:35.
Old October 13th, 2018, 09:35

For a better understanding of the Divine realms’ symbolisms we need to reach out a bit further. Jupiter stands for the principles of harmony, law and philosophical beliefs. The Sagittarian evolutionary pathway first takes us human souls, in the course of our earliest explorations of Earth life, into the exploration – alternately at the giving and receiving end – of religious bigotry, discordant and dogmatic beliefs, disharmony and injustice. At that stage of our development we are as yet unable to peer beyond the end of our nose and we fail to recognise the validity of other faiths and denominations. And because we are by nature quarrelsomeness creatures, at any moment we are ready to go to battle with those who disagree with our beliefs. We are greedy people with immoral behaviour patterns with a constant craving for pleasure and seeking satisfaction of our earthly desires and urges, and our outlook on life is still a completely materialistic one.

However, after many lifetimes of wallowing in the misery of this kind of existence we reach the evolutionary point when its demands have been satisfied. Now the behaviour we ourselves once displayed returns to us in the attitudes and actions of those around us, among them our nearest and dearest. The Karmic debts we are creating in this way towards each other are going to keep us chained together, until every one of the issues has been resolved and put to rest that stops us from living together in peace and harmony. Round and round the zodiac we go, one lifetime after another, learning from the experiences each sign and house can provide for us, and growing through them.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files