The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a parent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 11th, 2013, 10:30

Message deleted.

Last edited by j's daughter : March 14th, 2014 at 18:01.
Old April 14th, 2013, 03:56

thank you busie for your message your sister Zuma you and all your family remain in our prayers please know we are all here for you and you are in our thoughts
love to you hazelx
Old December 9th, 2013, 01:57

Dear Friends,

Many thanks for remembering me. You have been in my thoughts more lately, thinking how blessed I am that I have you. You have been the most wonderful group I have ever had. May God bless you all.

Saying that you have been in my thoughts lately is due to me taking stock of what has happened in the past 2 and half years and realising that God gives us time to heal with the right people to help us do so. I miss my mother with each passing day and at times I feel her presence next to me and I start chatting to her. I am glad to have been her daughter. Our life at home was not easy after she left but I say, it is well with my soul as I know, I will see her again and I know she is with me, my son and all of my family in spirit. There are times when I just find myself crying because I see a lady who reminds me of her and there are times when I just want to tell her how difficult it is, when faced with decisions or as recently, my son received his award again from school for his outstanding academic work. I used to go with her to such functions. My sisters are there for me and I for them.

I miss her in so many ways. December is when people are busy with functions, happy that Christmas is here, this is the time I feel the loneliest most as she is not around to go shopping with me and to buy her whatever she wanted, taking her to Church making sure she is comfortable, seeing her greeting her friends in Church and coming home from Church and seeing that smile and satisfaction on her face.

I trust God, He continues to bless our house by letting us not forget our parents and honouring them. I am grateful to Him for the Angels He sent towards me in the form of you, who continued to pray for my family even when things looked bad, when my sisters were angry, bitter and fighting. When I left home thinking things will sort themselves out but God brought me back when my sister nearly lost her life. It wasn't easy but I am pleased that we have forgiven each other, we look forward to seeing each other, we chat to each other. Not everyone shares this feeling but we who have been asking for this peace and love have received it and I thank God and ask Him to continue to give us this peace and love.

He is a merciful God. I love Him. I believe if we did not leave this earth and die, we would never be happy and we would never understand Him.

Thank you all for your love and support, I still have a long way to go but have started and am in the right direction.

I am here as well for you.

Love
Busi
Old December 9th, 2013, 05:01

hi busie i was overjoyed to see you on here thankyou for returning to let us all know how you and your family are
grief is such a difficult emotion some days we can't understand ourselves we can say and do things out of our character and your sister and family had to cope in their own way it affects us all differently so i'm so happy you have all come together again your mum is proud of you all
Christmas is a very special time families coming together to celebrate in their own way and when a loved one is not there with us their absence is felt so much but try and include mum in your day i know you all love to sing perhaps before your meal you could all sing her a song light a candle in the morning its light flickering throughout the day to show her love and presence is there with you all
congratulations and well done to your son he is doing well it's a testament to all the love and support he has received from you and your mum whatever you do with him today are his memories for the future so each day is precious make today and christmas joyful they are days to treasure
i know it's been heartbreaking but you are doing well some days can still be overwhelmed with longing for mum but her love and spirit will always be with you to guide you and give you strength throughout your life she is part of you and one day you will be reunited for eternity
thinking of you please keep in touch and let us know how you are i wish you a peaceful and happy christmas love hazel xxxxx
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:34

Busie, I am glad to hear from you, and happy you and your family are doing well. I've kept some of your earlier postings as your words have helped me so often along the way.

I understand this is a difficult time for many, with Christmas nearing. It's natural for us to hold in our thoughts the ones we don't see with us. I miss my mother, too, and not a day passes that I don't think of her, and think of both what I've lost, and also what we had during our time together.

My heart goes out to those whose loss is very recent, those facing their first Christmas, and especially the second year, without being able to see and touch the ones they love. I have come to believe that the spirit of our loved ones is most definitely still with us, and watching over us.

This will be my third Christmas without my Mom. For the first time since she died, I have put up a small Christmas tree and when I first turned on the lights on the little tree, I whispered, "This is for you, Mom." There are still tears in my eyes from time to time, remembering, but like you, Busie, I try to keep on the path forward.

Busie, it's grand that your son is successful at school, and wonderful that you can take pleasure in his success. And I'm glad to hear your sisters are there with and for you. I've often wondered how you are doing. It cheers me to know you are well! Thank you for posting just now. May you continue to be well.

For those facing this difficult time of year without the one you want beside you, your sorrow is noticed. You needn't travel a dark path forever alone. I promise you, it does get better with time. The ones we don't see or touch are still with us, for as long as we remember them.

"Those wom we love and lose are no longer where they were before. They are now wherever we are." — St. John Chrysostom.