The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a spouse or partner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 20th, 2013, 11:00

gem: I understand the pain of your loss. Allow yourself to cry and question why. You have every right to feel whatever it is your feeling. I don't understand why God allows us to love a soul mate then take them away from us. You lost the half that completed you and you feel the void. It takes time to adjust to this change/loss...but you will.

Take care of yourself and know your not alone....

Jacquie
Old September 20th, 2013, 16:18

Gem:
It's okay to cry. I still do, even after four months and probably will continue to do so for a while longer. God will give you strength and comfort. Reach out to family and friends if possible, they can be a huge help at this time of need. And of course, we are here on the forum for you as well. We have been put on a new path, a new life that we didn't ask for. God will not leave us, he will guide us and lift us up. Even though I can't see it now. My family and friends tell me that I've become stronger and have come a long way in the short time since my wife Cheryl passed away. Please take care of yourself.
-Nick
Old September 21st, 2013, 05:01

I spent today finding places to go, friends to see, I didn't want to go home and be alone, but you have come home sometime
The house is so quiet without you, i miss those little things, a butterfly touch as you walked past, a smile when you looked at me
Old September 25th, 2013, 05:59

Hard to say if its been a good week or a bad, it has been a week of lots of tears, and remembering. But in that i have had some smiles when remembering some of the silly things we did or silly things that Justin did, it may not have lasted for long before the tears came again but at least i managed to smile.
I booked a flight to spend some time with Justin's mother and sister, that will be hard but good for us all i think.

I am not looking forward to next week as it will be a month since my world collapsed, Justin died on the 5th September
Old September 28th, 2013, 07:00

Love is stronger than death even though it can't stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can't separate people from love.
It can't take away our memories either.
In the end, love is stronger than death.

Words that ring true, but how hard they are to accept when you still hurt, ache just to see, hear or touch your love one,
__________________________________________________ _________________
I miss you so much darling, I hurt, ache from losing you, you are and will always be my soul mate, love you forever. I can't stop crying my love, I'm sorry I know you are ok, happy, safe and in the arms of love with God. Please my love stay near me, my heart is yours, love you, miss you with all that I am xxx
Old October 2nd, 2013, 01:26

4 weeks today I lost you, i am so tired, it feels like so long ago yet like yesterday. Today has been a bad day, I have had to leave to office so many times as i kept breaking down, i go through the motions of the day, go to work, feed the children, try and do the housework but i still feel dead inside. I love you, I miss you xoxox
Old October 2nd, 2013, 04:36

hi Gem I know how you are feeling the days engulfing you in sadness I am sending you a hug to say I care and am thinking of you xxxx
Old October 2nd, 2013, 10:01

Gem: Remember to catch your breath. Your pain is immense and those around you feel it as well. You feel dead inside because you are. You lost half of your soul and your body wants it back. It's a struggle but in time your soul will adjust. Your loss is still very new. Please know we care about you and understand what is happening to you.
One day at a time.

Jacquie
Old October 3rd, 2013, 05:37

Thank you for the words of support and love , they mean alot xx
Old October 16th, 2013, 05:40

Haven't been on for a while, just going through the motions, so very tired, yet ca not sleep, it amazing how some people think that you should be all ok now and can't understand that your not, I find myself hiding my thoughts and feelings more as the days past so I don't have to deal with some people's attitudes. There are some lyrics in a song from a band we both liked - hush dry your eyes soulmates never die - listen to this song lots
I know that it's said that we are only given what we can handle, but I'm not sure I can handle anymore