The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a spouse or partner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 2nd, 2013, 08:59

Default A New Begining

It has been nearly five months since Cheryl passed away. I am learning how to live and do things on my own. This new life can be daunting at times but I guess the key is to takes things one day at a time. Finally I think I have mastered the bills and am slowly learning how to improve my cooking skills. I am starting to clean the house and put things away that Cheryl had laying around. My new life is a work in progress and everyday I learn new ways to move forward in this experience that I have been put into. While I still miss her deeply, at least I am not breaking down everyday now. I will always cherish the memories and life we shared together. And do my best to slowly move forward in this new life.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 09:53

I'm so proud of you barbiern. You've come a long way in only five months. The adjustment can at times can be so out of reach and then at times you feel your right were you are meant to be. Your going to be ok. Cheryl is proud of you too.

One day at a time.

Jacquie
Old October 4th, 2013, 09:17

Thanks Jacquie:
I have my good days and bad days. But things are very slowly starting to get better or maybe I am just learning how to adjust to this new life? At least I am not breaking down everyday anymore. I guess that's a start?

-Nick