The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a spouse or partner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 13th, 2008, 18:29

Default Have you ever

Have you ever had a dream that caused you to think that it was so real? I had a dream that my partner was sitting in the living room having a conversation with me. It was the scariest thing that I had ever experienced.But the worst of it was that I woke up crying. It seem so real and those are the dreams that scare me the most out of any that I do have.
Old January 13th, 2008, 21:46

Post Re: Have you ever

Was it a dream of a past conversation with your spouse or did it seem like it was after his death? I do not know what you believe about life after death but there are some that feel and report to have had dream visitations by their loved one. I believe I have had them with my mother. You can view the details in my other posts under spirituality.
Old January 14th, 2008, 23:31

It was like he never died. That is what made it so scary to me because it seemed so real. It wasn't a past conversation or anything it was just seem like it was so real. It don't really think about life after death but it is something to think about though. I don't deny that it could be real.
Old January 21st, 2008, 19:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacback View Post
It was like he never died. That is what made it so scary to me because it seemed so real. It wasn't a past conversation or anything it was just seem like it was so real. It don't really think about life after death but it is something to think about though. I don't deny that it could be real.
i know what you mean, i have them often and also the feeling of somebody there, i felt a kiss on my cheek and knew it was my husband who was saying you'r going into labor today. there are some messages within dreams and sometimes its hard to figure out what but you'll soon know
Old January 22nd, 2008, 00:01

Yes, I have had dreams of my loved one. They were scary at first. Started reading books on spirituality, and realized some of these dreams are what some call dream visitations. I have written about them in some of my posts, if you,d like to view them. All my best to you.
Old March 14th, 2008, 10:59

Send a message via AIM to ElaineWilliams Send a message via Yahoo to ElaineWilliams
Default Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacback View Post
Have you ever had a dream that caused you to think that it was so real? I had a dream that my partner was sitting in the living room having a conversation with me. It was the scariest thing that I had ever experienced.But the worst of it was that I woke up crying. It seem so real and those are the dreams that scare me the most out of any that I do have.
I had a lot of dreams about my deceased husband, mostly in the first 2.5 years after his passing. I was under a lot of stress, and many times the dreams helped me in some way. As time went on, the dreams with him were less and less. In fact, one of the last dreams he was moving on, he had a backpack on his back, and I woke up crying, but I knew it was time for both of us to move forward. The dreams with him in it since then are more static, he's there, like he's keeping a close eye on us, but not participating like the earlier dreams. My life is much more settled now too, so I think that has a large part in how the dreams play out.
Old March 15th, 2008, 11:59

It's been a few months since I've had a dream of my passed mother. The dreams I did have were nice. She was angelic-like and smiling. In a couple of the dreams, she grasp my hands. Theire are no words to describe the wonderful feelings it had upon me. In one dream, I saw her in a hospital bed in her house and she sat up. I said: "Mom, I thought you were dead". "She said, "No, I'm not". Another time, she was in a dream with me at a church I was not familiar with but there was a lifesize statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary. I hope I will get more dreams like these but as I said it's been some months now. Has anyone else had any dreams of their loved one or a religious figure in their dream since a love one passed?
Old April 1st, 2008, 15:54

I've had dreams like that many times and they always include people that have died. It never scares me though. During the dream I'm confused because I know the person I'm talking to has died but then I kind of shrug it off and continue talking.

I know the dreams are the way that they are communicating with me. I like these dreams. It makes me feel like I'm not alone.
Old April 26th, 2008, 01:56

ive had many dreams like that..
at first i dreamt about him alll the time,Every night..he would be here with us and i asked him joe,I thought you were gone and hed say no what are you talking about ,im here .Then i said ,Wow ,Oh my God ,your mom is going to be so happy ,shes been so sad because you left and he wouldnt answer me..Ive had alot that felt real and it hurts alot..When you wake up in the morning hoping to see him ,it feels real ,and then i remember it was just a dream..Some other times ,i saw him sitting down on the stairs ,He had one more week with us here ,I started crying ,i spent the whole time with him,telling him how much i loved him ,because when he was here,I bearly told him that..At the end of my dream ,He started crying telling me he didnt wanna leave..I couldnt stand the pain,i woke up in the middle of the night ,i couldnt sleep and started crying .Other dreams were simular to this, we told him he had passed away ,and he started crying saying he never wants to go,that he wanted to stay here.His mom started crying too..
We are very religious in out family ,so was he,but i dont know why ive never dreamnt of something spirutal besides heaven..
Old April 26th, 2008, 22:23

I still have dreams of my mother who passed 8 months ago. I can't believe she's been gone that long. There's nothing I do to make the dreams occur, they occur when they do. I could think about her every night, doesn't mean I 'll get a dream. I do notice that they tend to come when I'm feeling really sad and distraught. The dreams are a comfort. The most recent ones I've had which I may have posted in the spirituality section involves my mom standing at the top of the stairs. I enter her home and hear her talking and laughing. When I walk up the stairs, she's speaking to me but I don't know what she's saying. I run up the stairs and I embrace her and if feels so real and I wake up. A week later, I dreamt I saw my passed grandmother on a bench swing outside and she is smiling, then I see my mother in the background, also smiling and I wake up. I treasure these dreams, it's all I have to remember my mom happy. She didn't like to take pictures so it's sad because I wish I had more to remember her smile and laughter.