The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Grieving teenagers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 12th, 2012, 07:36

Default no-one understands

i lost my wonderful dad on 1st march 2012.
no-one knows what he meant to me and so i have lost something so unique that no-one else can understand it.

i'm 21 years old and i only have one parent. why?

i feel so lonely and isolated as if i am the only person who's lost a parent. but how can i be so selfish in thinking this?

i've written a blog on my thoughts, feelings and experiences since it's death in the hope that it can help not only myself, but others too
http://360degreesoftheafterlife.tumblr.com/
Old June 13th, 2012, 06:21

Shalom in Yeshua ginaywinay, Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear about the loss of you dad. Know that I have already said a prayer for you to be comforted.

I followed the link to the 'blog' and can see that you have many questions about the afterlife. It tells me that you believe there is an afterlife but you don't say what if anything you actually believe it is. I and others in this forum do have a strong belief in our creator God, and believe that we will after a period of purification from the stains of the earth have an opportunity to live with Him for eternity. I am more than willing to share the teachings that my brothers and sisters in faith have been taught, if you so desire. Just let me know.

This forum however is more to do with helping others who are suffering from the pain of loss, to understand themselves, re-assure them they are quite normal in their grief and give them hope that with the passage of time they will feel more comfortable with themselves and their life now that it has changed.

If you want to share your feeling everyone will listen. Nobody will judge what you say or be negative towards you. You have found a home of people who really do care about others in the same boat.

May God bless you
Tom
Old July 11th, 2012, 23:47

Hello,
I too have lost my father and felt similar emotions. I am so so very sorry for your loss, first of all. I'm sorry that you are feeling so much pain and heartbreak. I understand how terrifying and awful those emotions can feel. After my dad passed and still to this day, I was angry that I had to deal with this pain and I felt so alone. Know that you are never alone. Other people all over the world have been where you are and have felt such despair. Every day can feel like a century because you feel that no one understands, but unfortunately, some do. I hope that you know that people on this forum are always supporting you and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Feel free to vent on how his death is affecting you and keep us updated. We truly care.