The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a spouse or partner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 17th, 2012, 04:27

Default My beautiful wife

In loving memory of my beautiful wife, Lisa Ann Mattson 9-1-61 to 6-6-12 A message from my heart to your soul. Lisa, you are the love of my life, my partner, my best friend, my loving wife. With angels wings, you have departed. I miss you so and I am brokenhearted. When I'm alone and grasping for memories, I am blessed with visions of your loving smile and the warmth of your tender touch. I know you loved me very much. You were my very own angel and made life worth living. Then God called you home to be with Him in heaven. The love we shared will carry me for the rest of my days. My tears fuel the fire of love lost and I look forward to joining you in the Kingdom of heaven. You left far to soon, I have so much love left over. Our time together was cut short, but God does not make mistakes. I trust his promise and can only imagine the joy of sharing eternity with you and praising our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for loving me. Your loving husband, Steve.
Old August 17th, 2012, 05:20

hi steve your tribute to your loving wife lisa was very moving and not only touched my heart it reached my soul to feel the belief you have in Gods will to take her home to heaven as others read this it will give comfort and reassurance that our loved ones are all together with God in heaven
life here on earth can be short for some and lisa was only 51 and our hearts ache for them as we wish they could have stayed longer but as you said God does not make mistakes and this brings tears to my eyes it makes me think Gods reasons can't be questioned we will only know the answers when we are reunited with them one day
what a special person lisa is all she achieved in her life all she was and all the love she gave the memories will always be with you and those who love her
we can feel blessed they were part of our lives as we try to cope with our loss
we all on here understand your loss and will be here for you if you need us to talk to and offer the hand of friendship and compassion it's a bond between us all as we learn to cope without our loved ones
love hazelxx
Old August 17th, 2012, 13:35

Shalom in Yeshua Steve, I loved your post and tribute to your wife Lisa. You said that God does not make mistakes, and you are quite right. His plan for each and everyone of us is perfect, and Oh what joy when we go home!

May God bless you and give you his peace
Tom
Old August 17th, 2012, 18:55

Default the reunion

hello dear steve, i have read and re-read your posts and just couldn't find the words to say. my friend i have wept with you today, i am so sorry for the passing of your dear wife, i wish i could find words to bring you peace and relief from the heartache. some of us here on forum are werer you are right now in your grief. one thing that has carried us through the darkness is our belief that we will one day be reunited with our loves and all this will be forgotten such will be the joy. hazel and i have talked about our loves, darren and giuls there still helping us, still praying for us..there are some who would say thats just wishful tthinking, but it isn't, they are waiting for us but they know that we all have things to complete in this realm till God calls us home. there earthly tents are asleep but they are very much alive in spirit and the love that we shared with them hasn't died either, now even more alive.

dear steve i have prayed today for you to be held in the arms of God when the pain is too great to carry, so can you allow Him to comfort you? He is there with you always, He held me for months every night otherwise i wouldn't have made it without Him. also dear friend we are here for you too, if you need to talk, please keep intouch. i will continue to pray for you and your family. please forgive me if i have caused you sadness.

chrissie.
Old August 18th, 2012, 21:54

Default Thank you!

Thank you all for your thoughtful messages. I am still having difficulty accepting the harsh reality. One never thinks about the possibility of losing that which means most in their lives until it is thrust upon them.
I know this will sound foolish but I still text messages to her phone, it almost seems like we can communicate like that. At least it makes me feel better for a moment.
Thanks
Steve
Old August 18th, 2012, 22:06

Default My birthday

8/10/12
Tomorrow will be my first birthday since you were welcomed to your heavenly home. Although family and friends will be delivering best wishes and I will enjoy their company, my heart will be breaking without you at my side. I celebrate the memory of your life and enduring love more than anything. I am just not the same without you at my side. Sadness can overwhelm me just coming home knowing you will not be there to greet me with a smile and a kiss. Even going to the grocery store, or passing a favorite restaurant, or watching one of your favorite television shows can bring tears to my eyes. So many common things that no one would ever think of can bring forth strong feelings of emptiness and a personal realization that the best days of life have come and gone. The life we shared is in the past-- Time rolls on but memories last! I believe that love transcends the boundaries between heaven and earth and our love remains in each other. Goodnight my love.
Old August 18th, 2012, 22:16

Default Message to my beautiful wife, Lisa

MATTSON

Omaha Husband Monday, July 16, 2012

Lisa, We have such great children and so many thoughtful, wonderful family members and friends who are giving me support and loving care that I am amazed at their capacity for compassion. Yet, I continue to feel so alone without you it is nearly unbearable. My heart has a huge void that will never heal. I feel hopelessly lost. Memories are a poor substitute, yet I cling to visions of the love we shared. I miss you and your loving ways, I miss everything about you. My days are empty and meaningless, my nights are consumed with sorrow, knowing I could have done so much more to comfort you. You will remain in my heart and mind until the end of time. Your loving husband, Steve.
Old August 20th, 2012, 03:22

Steve- your thoughts of Lisa are an inspiration. I am so sorry for your loss. It is such a consolation to realise that we will meet again and that the separation is only temporary, isn't it?

But behind your lovely messages I can empathise with your terrible pain and loneliness. You've come to the right place, where we're all suffering but offering each other so much love and support.

You put it so beautifully into words. I still send texts and emails, which only I can read.....

Sending you best wishes and prayers.

Love, Clare x
Old August 20th, 2012, 11:42

Steve.... your thoughts of Lisa are very inspirational . I am so sorry for your loss ... please accept my deepest condolences..

You have come to a place of Kindred Spirits... where you can read... write... rant.. rave.. and never be judged for it...

Steve there are many of us here that can related directly to the pain you feel in your heart... Please take comfort in knowing you are not alone here...

Please stop in and let us know how you are doing...

I wish you peace for your broken heart when the pain and anguish are raging..

Take care

Cal821
Yet no person is really alone;
those who live no more echo still within our thoughts and words,
and what they did has become woven into what we are.

I wish you peace and a level path on your journey...

Cal821
Old August 21st, 2012, 15:46

hi steve how are you today i have been thinking of you and how you have been coping this grief with losing our loved ones is different for us all we seem to go through different phases at different times it's not exactly the same for everyone sometimes it's the awful journey some of us have had to face with and illness as well that takes a lot out of us and makes the grief harder to bare
lisa was the same age as darren and i never realised God would take them home so young is something i never thought would happen you say you could have done so much more for lisa it,s a natural thought as we look back but you know you did all you could when you love someone and they are ill we want superhuman powers to try and make everything alright but all we can ever do is show them our love and do our best to help them
you gave lisa love no greater gift can one give to another she felt blessed to have your love to have shared the joy in your lives with you the children and her family her life here was sort but what a beautiful life full of happiness she touched so many lives no one who knew her will ever forget her the memories of all she was will be carried in your hearts forever until the day comes when you will be reunited in heaven and will be together in everlasting joy and peace
love hazel

Last edited by hazelharris : August 21st, 2012 at 19:52.