The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Grieving teenagers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:43

Unhappy She was only 10

I lost my little cousin Emma two years ago during August, we were on summer break. We'd been at the park, down the street from my house when Emma saw one of her friends across the road. She ran, straight into the oncoming traffic and I couldn't stop her. My aunt still blames me for her daughters death.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 14:38

Shalom in Yeshua Crystal, I have just sent you a reply to your message.
God bless
Tom
Old May 4th, 2012, 08:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal230995 View Post
I lost my little cousin Emma two years ago during August, we were on summer break. We'd been at the park, down the street from my house when Emma saw one of her friends across the road. She ran, straight into the oncoming traffic and I couldn't stop her. My aunt still blames me for her daughters death.
Dear Crystal230995

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. My sister died in an accident when I was 12 and she was 7. It was a huge shock to our whole family, and my family is still hurting from what happened. We were lucky in that noone blamed anyone else for what happened to my sister - it was just an accident, the same as with Emma.

Sometimes it is difficult to understand what has happened because we are dealing with the loss of a loved one who we had expected to see for the rest of our lives. As much as you are hurting, your aunt is hurting to and she is looking for an answer as to why her daughter died, when there isn't one. Noone meant for Emma to die. If your aunt is blaming you, it's because she's hurting so very much and doesn't know what else to do. She doesn't really mean to hurt you as well. And she still loves you, whether you feel that or not.

It takes a long time to recover after losing a loved one, and I hope that you are able to get the love and support that you need from your family and friends. You're always welcome to message me if you wish.

Sending you many blessings
Ruby