PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite holiday movies?

shay
December 4th, 2007, 23:37
My fav movie is the Nightmare Before Christmas. I don't know why. I'm just dark like that. lol. What is everyone else's fav holiday movies??

katharina
December 6th, 2007, 14:51
My fav movie is the Nightmare Before Christmas. I don't know why. I'm just dark like that. lol. What is everyone else's fav holiday movies??

I watch It's a Wonderful Life every year and I cry over it every year. You'd
think I'd know by now what's going to happen and the emotion would have
dulled after years of it, but nope! :) Come to think of it, it's soon time to
watch it again!

shay
December 6th, 2007, 19:58
There are some movies that I watch over and over, and every time they make me cry too. It's weird, isn't it?

dukettemom
December 7th, 2007, 08:00
my favorite holiday show is Charlie Brown.... i love the music and the whole thing is just so nostalgic for me....

Jewel
December 10th, 2007, 17:58
I love the Charlie Brown holiday movies! I also like The Simpsons Christmas shows, they are cute. The Nightmare Before Christmas is great too, there are just so many great holiday movies.

katharina
December 11th, 2007, 07:45
I love the Charlie Brown holiday movies! I also like The Simpsons Christmas shows, they are cute. The Nightmare Before Christmas is great too, there are just so many great holiday movies.

I've never seen Nightmare Before Christmas. Considering the title of it, though, I'm not so sure I'd want to see it! :D I've never been a Charlie Brown fan, but those other old cartoon Christmas shows are a very fun and memorable part of my past.

EMS
December 15th, 2007, 08:06
I can't say going my way is my favourite Christmas Movie, but I watched it last week and loved it all over again - it was one I watched with my parents and it brought back so many memories,particularly the Irish lullaby sung by Bing Crosby - my mum used to hum that around the house. I love Its a wonderful life too - compulsive viewing annually.

ammulu
December 15th, 2007, 23:20
There are some movies that I watch over and over, and every time they make me cry too. It's weird, isn't it?

I am with you Shay. I watch some movies and I really feel so touched that I start crying though I know what would be the next scene, I feel it might seem weird for some but it just happens that way no matter how much I control.

mollyL
December 16th, 2007, 19:33
The high school kids in our parish put on a really good fundraiser at the beginning of the month. They showed It's A Wonderful Life on a big screen and served popcorn and soda. I'd only seen IAWL on regular TV and seeing it the way it was intended was a whole new perspective. It was a great night! My favorite all time holiday movie is Love, Actually. Check it out if you haven't already, it's funny, sad, and uplifting.

Jewel
December 17th, 2007, 04:46
I have been hearing quite a few recommendations for Love, Actually lately. I am thinking about actually watching it because I have heard some really good things.

katharina
December 18th, 2007, 11:23
I have been hearing quite a few recommendations for Love, Actually lately. I am thinking about actually watching it because I have heard some really good things.

I'll need to look for this... I haven't even heard of it before now! I need to still watch It's a Wonderful Life for this year. I'm running a little slow on some of my traditions!

shay
December 19th, 2007, 14:29
I am with you Shay. I watch some movies and I really feel so touched that I start crying though I know what would be the next scene, I feel it might seem weird for some but it just happens that way no matter how much I control.

There's one movie that's supposed to be funny, but I cry at the end of it every time. 50 First Dates. Where Adam Sandler has to make Drew Barrymore fall in love with him everyday, bc she got in an accident and forgets everything when she goes to sleep at night. Well, it makes me cry at the end, bc he loves her so much and she wakes up and is a mom and wife and all that. I want to wake up with a daughter and husband and happy life like that one day, but I don't want to forget it when I go to sleep. lol.

I've never seen Nightmare Before Christmas. Considering the title of it, though, I'm not so sure I'd want to see it! I've never been a Charlie Brown fan, but those other old cartoon Christmas shows are a very fun and memorable part of my past.

It sounds like it would be a scary movie, but it's not. It's really cute. It's about this Halloween town that tries to do Christmas. It really is a cute movie, and I love the songs in it. :D

Jewel
December 19th, 2007, 21:13
There's one movie that's supposed to be funny, but I cry at the end of it every time. 50 First Dates. Where Adam Sandler has to make Drew Barrymore fall in love with him everyday, bc she got in an accident and forgets everything when she goes to sleep at night. Well, it makes me cry at the end, bc he loves her so much and she wakes up and is a mom and wife and all that.

That is a really great movie. I really love it. Is it just me or does Drew Barrymore look a lot like Kate Hudson in this movie? I was actually confused at first!

katharina
December 20th, 2007, 17:41
It sounds like it would be a scary movie, but it's not. It's really cute. It's about this Halloween town that tries to do Christmas. It really is a cute movie, and I love the songs in it. :D

Well this is good to know then! I'll have to see about renting it. I STILL haven't watched It's a Wonderful Life for this year. I truly hate procrastinating on things and it will soon be too late. :eek:

Jewel
December 20th, 2007, 23:03
A little side note, I love it at Disneyland when they do the Nightmare Before Christmas themed haunted house. It's adorable!

Ricardo
January 7th, 2008, 07:52
During the holidays at our home, we like watching Scrooged, The Family Man, White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, It's A Wonderful World, Elf, How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey) and The Polar Express to name a few. :rolleyes:

Lola
January 11th, 2008, 21:44
It's a Wonderful Life is a classic, but my favorite is probably The Bishop's Wife and Christmas in Connecticut. I also love Shop Around the Corner. Every Christmas I have plenty to watch.

The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.thelightbeyond.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.thelightbeyond.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.