Will you let us look after you for a while?
Someone you love has died. And, like countless others who have walked the path of grief before you, you are discovering that a death can rob you of so much more than a person you love. It robs you of your energy, your hope, and sometimes just of the simple will to get up in the morning. We are here to help during this difficult time.
If There's Anything I Can Do: our guide for the friends and families of the bereaved shows you how to help without getting in the way
Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep: soothe your soul with over 250 of the world's best funeral poems, quotations and readings
How can you cope?
The simple answer is that you can't do it alone. Now is the time to ask for help and recruit a community of friends and family to help ease the burden of the bereavement process. And we hope that you feel able to count on us, too. Let us console, inform, comfort and inspire you; let us listen to you and walk along the path of grief with you.
Featured articles from the Grief Library
We're glad you found us. How can we help?
To be honest (and we mean this in the nicest possible way), we wish you weren't here. We wish you didn't need our services. But at the same time, we're glad you found us, as there are so many ways in which we can help you. Some of these ways include:
- the caring, tolerant and friendly Light Beyond bereavement forum where you can share your sorrow with others
- our extensive, practical and free Grief Library of resources to help you cope with all aspects of death, loss and dying
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep: our ebook of over 250 sympathy poems, quotations and readings for funerals, memorial services and inner peace, for instant download
- If There's Anything I Can Do...: our guide for the friends and families of the bereaved is full of little ways (and big ways) you can help someone you care about cope that little bit better
- our Bereavement For Beginners guide, a practical, useful guide for the bereaved and those who care about them and wish to help them - it is our free gift to you
- the Light Beyond bereavement bookstore, for a wide range of bereavement books to help you along the path to recovery
- the bereavement blog, where you can also interact with us by leaving comments or sending us your story to feature
- our inspirational movie to lift your spirits and share with friends or family who have also been bereaved
How to find your way around The Light Beyond
We want you to get the most out of our site, and to do that it helps if you know how to find your way around. There's more to The Light Beyond than meets the eye, so please take a minute to read this section and have a little look around.
There are three navigation menus on each page: one at the top of the page in the header, one in the left-hand panel and one at the bottom of each page. This makes it easy to navigate your way round the site from each and every page.
Each of the graphics in the right-hand panel of every page is linked to the relevant section of the site, also allowing for easy navigation. Just click on the image and you'll be taken to where you want to go.
Finally, the Site Map gives you a really good overview and is handy to know about. You can find it in the menu at the bottom of each page.
Click here for memorial stones by People's Tribute
Help us to improve by telling us what YOU need
It's our mission in life to help as many people as possible. We hope that we're providing our visitors with genuinely helpful resources at a difficult time in their life. What have we forgotten? How else could we support you? We would love to hear from you with any comments, suggestions for improvement or general feedback.
Our thoughts are with you
We're so sorry we had to meet this way. Perhaps one day we will meet under happier circumstances. But for now, we will do everything we can to ease your journey through bereavement, and accompany you as you try to make sense of it all. We care, we really do. May that thought be of some small comfort to you at this time.
We are truly sorry for your loss.
Creator of The Light Beyond